‘Going green is not only future-proofing your investment, it also reduces overheads and provides the most important element of all – peace of mind.’
Forward-thinking property owners are increasingly aware of the importance of sustainability. Gunther Constructions also has a long-held commitment to reducing our impact on the environment, strongly emphasising sustainability throughout the entire design and building process.
Our focus is on using the latest construction technologies, design concepts and innovative practices and techniques to build new homes that can literally halve the energy requirements of existing dwellings. We believe the built environment should consider its impacts on local and global environments at all stages of its lifetime. This includes taking a responsible approach to construction, eliminating fossil fuels and ensuring the building remains energy efficient throughout its lifetime. This is how Gunther Constructions is helping care for our planet. You can have peace of mind knowing that a home built by Gunther Constructions will be an environmentally conscious home leading the market in sustainability.
Sustainable living options
How does Gunther Constructions achieve market-leading sustainability? Here are just some of the techniques we use:
- > Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) provides comfortable ambient temperatures internally, year-round, with cross ventilation and abundant natural light for ‘healthy living’.
- > Solar harvesting: solar farms on roofs provide the potential to be 100% off-grid and self-sufficient. (Solar farms provide energy through the day and feed any excess power back into the grid. Surplus power offsets power consumed in the evenings from the grid. In some apartments, property owners can include a battery so that their apartment can use stored power through the evenings).
- > High-performance doors and windows with ‘thermally broken’ frames for enhanced thermal and acoustic insulation. (‘Thermally broken’ is a term which relates to the window or door frame, which is equally as important, if not more so, than the glass).
- > Carbons emissions: for example, Gunther Constructions’ Athena Apartments achieve 7.6 NatHERS stars (Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme) which is significantly above the 6-star minimum.
- > Extensive thermal and acoustic insulation, both internally and externally.
- > High fly ash content in concrete to reduce cement usage. (Fly ash is a by-product from coal power stations which acts as a bonding agent and would otherwise be a waste product. The production of cement is a leading cause of global carbon emissions, so any reduction has a significant benefit).
- > High-performance appliances with extraordinary efficiency to reduce electricity demand.
- > Gunther Constructions homes and apartments can provide: Rainwater harvesting, LED lighting technologies, smart appliances such as remotely controlled air conditioning, electric car charging, car washing facilities, bike racks and low maintenance self-watering gardens.